Georgia Registered Agent Service in Roswell Georgia
What is a Georgia Registered Agent?
A registered agent in Georgia is a person or company that accepts legal documents for a business entity. A Business Entity is an “Entity” separate from it’s owners or the people whom run it. Having a Georgia Registered Agent ensures a proper way to “notify” a company that doesn’t live and breath.
How to get a Georgia Registered Agent?
- When you form a Georgia LLC or incorporate a Georgia Corporation, you are required to appoint one on the articles of organization
- You can change your registered agent when filing your annual registration
- You can change your registered agent by filing an amended annual registration
- When you register to do business in Georgia, you appoint a registered agent during the registration process
What to look for in a registered agent service:
- Excellent Price: We are $49 Per Year
- Local: Georgia Registered Agent LLC is in Roswell GA
- Help, not just an invoice: We provide Annual Registration Reminders
- Online Account: You can manage your business with our software
- Reliable Document Delivery: We email your documents within an hour
- Instant Service: 3 minute signup, registered agent information and instructions delivered instantly
- Stable Address: We let you list our registered office address on your registration for all address fields
- Fast Customer Support: How fast does a potential RA service answer the phone or emails? We’re fast.
Why is a Georgia Registered Agent so Important?
Hiring a registered agent service in Georgia is an important decision. You shouldn’t hire just anybody. Your registered agent, after all, will be responsible for accepting legal notices on your behalf, as well as ensuring that you receive your documents as quickly as possible. If your documents are held up and you miss a critical deadline, you will be held liable. Your authority to do business in the state may even be revoked.
Who would you trust with this responsibility? Do you believe a major national corporation has your best interests at heart, or are you just another number in their corporate system? We take pride in providing our customers with quality service at a great price. Every one of our customers is important to us. With Georgia Registered Agent LLC, you won’t be just another number. That’s our promise. As you can see by our domain, company name, and trademark; all we do is Georgia Registered Agent Service. You’d like to think we’re pretty good at it.
Why Do I Need an Georgia Registered Agent?
According to Georgia State law (Georgia Code § 14-11-209), all business entities registered with the state appoint and maintain a registered agent within Georgia. The role of the registered agent was created to insure that legal notices could be delivered reliably to businesses.
The Corporation Division’s office will not approve your business formation filing without an Georgia registered agent.
How Do I Change to Your Georgia Registered Agent Service?
Georgia allows businesses to update information when filing their Annual Registration. Annual Registrations can be filed online at the Corporation Division’s website. It is also possible to mail your filing to the Corporation Division. Processing can take up to two weeks, while online processing is immediate. The only way to change your Georgia registered agent is to do so while filing an annual registration at your normal due date or an amended annual registration if you want to change before or after you’ve filed your annual registrations. You can change your registered agent and registered office to us when you sign up for our service. We will do the filing for you.
Do I Sign Up Before or After I Form My Company?
- Hire us first. You must appoint an Georgia registered agent when filing your Articles of Organization or Articles of Incorporation.
- If you file without a registered agent, the Corporation Division will reject your application.
- When you hire Georgia Registered Agent LLC, all of your documents will be available in your online account and filing instructions on how to list us as your Georgia Registered Agent. Our goal is that you’ll have an easier time forming your company yourself after hiring us as your registered agent.
What Do Georgia Registered Agents Do?
- We accept services of process, legal notifications, and official mail from the Georgia Corporation Division on your behalf
- Maintain a physical address here in the State of Georgia (called a registered office)
- Stay open during regular business hours to accept notices and mail on your behalf
- Contact you when we receive mail, notifications and processes
- Help keep your personal home and office address off of permanent public records
- Forward your documents to you in a timely manner
Can I be my own registered agent in Georgia?
Absolutely. You just need to be comfortable listing your home address, where you work, and your personal name on your documents. A big reason we are in business is our clients don’t want to show their competitors or vendors their history or show instability as they move from office to office. When they just list our address, it never has to change as their business grows.
Who can be a registered agent in Georgia?
- A resident of Georgia
- A domestic corporation
- A domestic LLC
- You cannot list the company name you are forming or registering as it’s own registered agent
Is My Information Made Public After I File?
Yes, it can be. But if you hire us, we can dramatically minimize your exposure.
In Georgia, when you file your Articles of Organization or Articles of Incorporation, you must list the name and address of your Organizer/Incorporator. This information will be part of the public record.
If you hire Georgia Registered Agent LLC, however, we will prepare your documents for you. We will act as your Organizer/Incorporator. This will keep your personal information out of the public record. We also will list our registered office address for all addresses required on the corporate registry to keep your home or office address offline.
How Do I File My Formation Documents in Georgia?
The best way to file in Georgia is online. You can file almost every business document online, and online filings are processed almost immediately.
You can mail business filings to the Georgia Corporation Division’s office, along with your check payment.
Georgia Secretary of State
2 MLK Jr. Dr. S.E.
Suite 315, Floyd West Tower
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Phone: (404) 656-2817
Fax: (404) 657-2248
Why hire Georgia Registered Agent?
The registered agent must be open during business hours and have an accessible physical address listed on the corporate registry. The registered agent must accept mail and legal notices for every company it is listed as the registered agent for. Anyone sending your company a letter to whom is listed as the Georgia Registered Agent is legal proof that you’ve been notified. It’s a very important role, regardless of online incorporation services commoditizing it and pitching our profession like a meaningless option. When you list someone you found through a national company, you are trusting them to outsource such an important local operation to someone like us, when you could eliminate many middle men and just trust one of your most important decisions to Georgia Registered Agent LLC.